Home / Event Updates on Oahu
Event Updates on Oahu
There are lots of event updates on Oahu taking place right now. As events and Oahu attractions are being updated regarding changes, cancellations, or postponements, we will do our best to update you.
Cancellations and Rescheduled Events
We have seen some cancellations and postponements of concerts and larger events on Oahu, including the following:
The City of Honolulu has announced that all public events over 50 will be canceled through April and encourage private events to follow suit.
- The 26th Annual Honolulu Festival scheduled for March 7th – canceled
- Mariah Carey concert rescheduled for Nov 28th, 2020
- Hapalua Half Marathon planned for April 5th is rescheduled for September, TBD
- KCC Farmers Market next to Diamond Head has been cancelled until further notice
- Waikiki Aquarium 116th birthday canceled and other group events
- Downtown St Patrick's Block Party & SALT celebration canceled
- 3rd Annual Noodle Fest postponed until later date
- Prince Kuhio Parade postponed/canceled
- Waikiki Spam Jam will be postponed...date to be announced
- UH sporting events and activities
- Honolulu Museum canceled March events, but museum remains open
- Kailua Night Market canceled until further notice
- Aloha Stadium Swap Meet has canceled through May 14th, 2020
- Toa Luau has closed through the end of the month of March
- Makai Bar (replacing the Mai Tai Bar) delay grand opening
- Floating Lantern Festival in May has canceled for 2020
- Lei Day in May canceled
- Iolani Fair has been canceled for April
- Atlantis Submarine rides cancelled until April 1st
- Blue Note canceled all shows through April
See more on Oahu Events Page
Update on Oahu Attractions
Many Oahu attractions have closed to the public until further notice or posted dates. Some hikes, golf courses, some restaurants (takeout only), and some shops remain open at this point in time.
Museum, Amusement Park, and Oahu Attraction Closure announcements:
- Polynesian Cultural Center has closed through April 30th, 2020
- Hawaii State Museum has closed until further notice and canceled all events for March & April
- Children's Discovery Museum has closed for the remainder of March
- Hanauma Bay will close through April
- Pearl Harbor has announced that it will close and reopen when safe. Other side Pearl Harbor attractions said they plan on remaining closed until the end of April.
- Waikiki Aquarium will close until further notice
- The Bishop Museum has decided to close until the end of March
- The Iolani Palace has decided to close until further notice
- Sea Life Park has closed until further notice
- Honolulu Museum of Art will close through March 31st
- Oahu State Parks have closed including Diamond Head Park, Makapuu State Park & Kaena Pt State Park
- Oahu Beaches have closed and lifeguards have been relieved from beach watch duties
- Wet n Wild Hawaii closed
- Dole Plantation has closed until further notice
- Halona Blow Hole parking lot access is closed
- Many non essential shops are temperately closing down during this time
Note - The Ala Moana Center has changed their hours temporary Mon - Sat 12 PM to 7 PM, and Sunday Noon to 6 PM. Most shops have closed down temperately while some restaurants and essential shops will remain open (for takeout only) until later hours.
Plans on visiting Oahu
If you are planning on visiting Oahu or anywhere for that matter, stay alert and updated on current news and developments. Please note that there is now a 14 day quarantine for all new arrives in Hawaii.
Enjoy your stay but take necessary precaution and safety when traveling about.